Play time is a vital part of a child’s life. It is through running, jumping, pulling and grabbing that their body starts and maintains its development. Physical fitness is vital for a child’s development. It lays the foundation for a hale and hearty life. Childhood introduction helps to foster the development of good physical activity habits early in life. Early childhood after school activities offer a wide choice of play-based, physically active learning experiences.
It is vital we understand that for a child to become involved in physical activities, it is necessary to modify / reduce/ remove other habits – one of the most important ones, TV, a sedentary commitment. So when you are looking for after school programs, it is important you take time to find out how the center providing it can make it fun and challenging for your little ones, as the success of inculcating healthy habits right from the toddler level is a challenging task.
The benefits of frequent physical activity for young children include:
- Assist in the development of fundamental movement skills, gross motor and fine motor skills and connections between different parts of the brain.
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- Building strong bones, muscles, joints and develop flexibility.
- Improving balance, coordination, posture, cardiovascular fitness and strength.
- Promoting healthy growth and development.
- Developing social skills and make friends.
- Relieving stress and encouraging relaxation.
- Improve concentration, thinking skills, confidence and self-esteem.
Children who are inactive are likely to develop health problems like weight gain, hypertension, respiratory difficulties, etc. from an early age. This would have a negative effect on the child’s physical, intellectual, psychological and socialdevelopment. In the long term, they may even tend to develop higher cholesterol levels, higher risk of type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure and heart problems.
Children need to be active to encourage their healthy growth and development. Children who establish healthy lifestyle patterns right since young age, carry them the rest of their life. Moreover, children who have been more physically active generally tend to handle physical and emotional challenges better than those who aren’t active. Just search for after school programs near you with transportation and you would find best preschool for your child right on the top in the league. Enrol your precious little one with early play school to help get them off the couch and also develop their critical thinking skills.